The Company admits the potential environmental impact due to its operations and bears full responsibility.
The environmental priorities of the company are:
- Reduction of emissions and minimization of waste formation
- Reduction of natural resources consumption
- Research and application of international best practices
- Conservation of biodiversity
- Greenhouse gas emissions control
- Continuous improvement of the current environmental management system as required by ISO 14001: 2015
The core projects aimed at reducing environmental impact in 2019-20 are:
- Development of projects to ensure stability for future operations to avoid possible problems related to Geghanush tailing dam strength and sustainability and improvement of water purification system. The Company has involved SRK international consulting company in the development of these projects.
- Improvement of Shahumyan gold-polymetallic deposit technical plan in terms of environmental protection, production safety and efficient use of resources.